Past week was the biggest event we (WSO2) had in 2011. WSO2Con 2011. It's a successor of the WSO2Con 2010 and was 100 times improved. It wasn't a typical boring conference where attendants fall asleep after settling down in the hall. It was a dynamic and thrilled series of presentations and events lined up in two tracks.
- Great keynotes from various speakers across the world
- For the first time, "Google" spoke in Sri Lanka
- Panel discussions were amazing where audience and panelists had hot discussions on various technologies
- It's not only WSO2 Products people interested about, they also impressed about our culture too
- At live demonstration on StratosLive, in few minutes the conference hall turned in to a hands on workshop (where folks fired up the laptops and started to work on SLive)
- It was great to hear how people use our products in their business, education and research
- People realized that, being an open source company does not mean being looser
- WSO2 is not a startup company any more!
- #WSO2Con was in the 70th position in trending topics in Twitter
- We don't settle, we are an agile company, we go where our customers takes us
- Pre and post conference tutorials helped the attendants to get some deep understanding in some areas of our technologies
- Sri Lankan cultural dances and Elephant rides gave an insight of our heritage to the foreign participants
- WSO2 Music Jam session showed that WSO2ers are not just bunch of geeks who married to computers - They got other talents too!
- It's not the technology that does magic, it's people who make the technology.