Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Suchetha joined the "CoolKids Club"

My good old friend Suchetha stepped in to his new life with a lovely lady "Varuni" on 7th November 2007. I still remember the words he told me when I got married, "Marriage = License to misbehave, not to you, to your wife!". Don't try to interpret, it's not what you think! :-D.
Some of our friends from LKLUG and also from out side, participated in the wedding at Waters Edge Battaramulla. Music was so lovely at the wedding, which conducted by Jaylath Manorathne, Nishshanka Digdeniya and group. All were stage drama songs and other classics. And of course the couple also was very beautiful. Hummm... I don't know about the beauty of Suchetha, but Varuni was stunning. What Suchetha said was, "It doesn't matter if a broomstick were there next to the bride, cos no one is paying much attention to the groom, bride is the one should be looking good". It was true, Suchetha was out of focus! (kidding).
Right after the wedding Such and Varu took few of their friends (including me and Madhu) on a trip to Deer Park Hotel, Girithale. Thank you Such and Varu. We had a joyful, crazy, 3 days. Went to see elephants safari, Pool party, Pool throw ball games, etc, etc with loads of fun with very nice and crazy other guys and girls who were in the gang. All the exiting moments captured by me are in my Picasa Web Photo Galerry.
We returned to Colombo on 10th and 11th was the Home Coming. It was a lovely party at Mt Lavinia Hotel and we danced and did some thing unusual as well. Hope some of you know the "Haka". There were two cousins of Varu who came from New Zealand and they trained few of us and we all did the Haka at the Home Coming while guests were looking shocked! We all were so happy for Suchetha and Varuni, and I wish all the best and success for them from the bottom of my heart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading a lot and your stories are worth reading, nice blog, keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Well, this is my initial go to to your weblog! We are a group of volunteers and starting a new initiative in a very community in the identical niche. Your website offered us valuable data to work on. You have done a marvellous work!